This elegant needlebook is based on the Miniature Tulip Tile design.
Combining goldwork and surface embroidery techniques, this panel is worked on a dark prune-coloured silk background with silks, gold metallic threads and beads. The design features a brick-red tulip, set in an ornate, diamond-shaped border, surrounded by tiny gold spangles.
As this version of the tile is to be used as a needlebook, the centre petal of the tulip has been embroidered on the silk background rather than being detached. The design may also be worked as a panel to be framed.
This embroidery kit contains all materials required to work this project:
- Prune-coloured silk dupion
- cranberry-coloured felt
- red felt
- iron-on pellon
- tracing paper and thin card
- Beads (includes 2 whole packs) and 2 mm spangles (2% gold)
- Soie d'Alger silks
- gold metallic threads
- assorted silk
- polyester and nylon threads.
You will also require the following equipment, which is not included in the kit:
- 6" embroidery hoop
- Crewel/Embroidery size 10
- Sharps or Straw/Milliners size 9
- Sharps size 12
- Sharp Yarn Darners sizes 14 - 18
Skill level: Easy