Worked on a backround of ivory satin, this project features a pale pink Dog Rose, Rosa canina, with detached petals; leaves, both detached and embroidered on the background; Grape Hyacinth, Muscari armeniacum, worked with frosted glass beads in several shades of blue, and a yellow butterfly with raised wings.
The finished embroidery may be framed, inserted into a paperweight, or mounted into the lid of a gilt trinket box.
This embroidery kit contains all materials required to work this project:
- Ivory duchess satin, quilter's muslin, tracing paper, beads and wire.
- Threads – whole hanks of DMC Stranded Cottons and Cifonda Art Silk and all required silk, rayon, metallic, nylon and chenille threads.
- Instructions to make this project into a name brooch, as featured in Inspirations magazine Issue 36, 2002.
You will need the following equipment:
- 6" embroidery hoop
- 4" embroidery hoops
- Crewel/Embroidery sizes 3 - 10
- Straw/Milliners size 3 - 9
- Sharps sizes 10 and 12
- Sharp Yarn Darners sizes 14 - 18
- Small sharp-pointed embroidery scissors
- Fine blunt-nosed tweezers to shape wire
- Small wire cutters or old scissors