The colours and design of this small roundel were inspired by an 18th century Mughal enamelled gold vessel, embellished with stylised cherry-red flowers.
Combining stumpwork, goldwork and surface embroidery techniques, this circular panel is worked on an ivory satin background with silks, gold metallic threads, beads and tiny spangles. The design features a variation of the pear flowers found in the Syrian Pomegranate Tile, and is enclosed by an ornate border worked in gold metallic threads and beads.
The roundel may be framed, or inserted into the base of a glass paperweight, or mounted into the lid of a gilt bowl or box.
This embroidery kit contains all materials required to work this project:
- Ivory satin, quilter's muslin, tracing paper and wires (33 gauge red).
- Beads (includes 1 whole pack), gold pearls and spangles (2% gold).
- Threads – Soie d'Alger silks (includes 1 whole skein), gold metallic threads, silk and nylon threads.
You will also require the following equipment, which is not included in the kit:
- 5" or 6" embroidery hoop
- 4" embroidery hoop
- Crewel/Embroidery size 10
- Sharps or Straw/Milliners size 9
- Sharps size 12
- Sharp Yarn Darners sizes 14 - 18
This project can be framed or mounted into a Framecraft 72 mm glass paperweight with a recessed wooden base.
Skill level Easy
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Lovely design using attractive materials. Very interesting to embroider.