Saturday 21st November 2020
10.30 am – 12.30 pm, Bowral Uniting Church Hall
At the end of 2019 we had a display of work and morning tea which was much enjoyed by all. A “challenge” for 2020 was discussed and agreed upon by all present. The challenge is to produce a work, in any technique requiring the use of a needle, that has been inspired by the design on a piece of fabric that appeals to you.
Some ideas (thank you Lesley):
- Embellish the piece of fabric with any style of embroidery or beading
- Copy the design, or a section of it, onto another fabric and embroider
- Enlarge the design, or an element of the design, and embroider
- Use the colours in the fabric to create a work
- The fabric does not need to be incorporated into the work.
- Please bring a piece of the fabric used as your design inspiration, along with your work, to the November morning tea.
You are invited to display your response to this challenge, whether finished or as a “work in progress”, at a morning tea to be held in the Uniting Church Hall on Saturday 21st November.
Everyone is invited, whether you have participated in the challenge or not – it will be a great opportunity to catch up with old friends.
There is a charge of $5 for this event to help cover the hire of the hall.
Please RSVP, via email, to email@example.com, to give us an idea of numbers for catering. We look forward to seeing you in November.